Interested in Volunteering with The Calgary Dolphins?
Want experience? No previous experience is required in regards to coaching swimming or working with adolescents with Down syndrome. However some basic knowledge of the four swim strokes is recommended.
Some of the things you might be interested in helping with:
- Demonstrate swimming skills and techniques to a lane of 3-5 swimmers with the assistance from the coaches.
- Encourage and provide positive reinforcement to swimmers by providing corrections and feedback with regard to stroke development.
- Help to keep swimmers organized and on task during practice by providing constant observation and feedback.Design new games and swimming exercises in order to keep swimmers engaged and motivated.
- Supervise swimmers in the change room before and after practice by helping participants store their belongings, re-organize backpacks after swimming, and ensure swimmers get out of the change room in a timely fashion.
- Interested? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org